In the recently concluded 49 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA), Samsung electronics bagged several awards namely one (1) Gold, six (6) Silvers and two (2) Bronzes. This is the most awards that the company won in a single year.
The Awards in Focus
Samsung won 1 Gold award which is the Wireless Audio Visual Identity System which delivers a consistent branding message about the powerful audio and unique design characteristics through visual expressions for the Millennial Generation.
The Six (6) Silver Awards
- The Samsung Premium Oven utilizing the Dual Cook Flex™ which utilizes a flexible door system to conveniently cook more than two dishes at the same time without excessive heat loss.
- The Built-In Chef Collection Cooking Package this premium built-in kitchen appliances with a pro-refined commercial design consisting of an oven, cooktop, pro-range, hood and dishwasher which have a seamless professional look. The chef-inspired features enabled by the internet of things (IoT) give a great cooking experience.
- The Emergency Services Network (ESN) device which is a handheld mobile device that is fully optimized for the emergency environment, supporting all emergency services’ functionality and critical voice services. Ruggedized for use in the field, the device also features IP68 water and dust resistance.
- CJ79 Thunderbolt™ 3 QLED Curved Monitor is a 34-inch ultra-wide, 21:9 aspect ratio curved display that offers an optimal immersive and comfortable viewing experience with a natural curved design.
- The Frame is the new beautiful TV experience that brings walls to life with “Art Mode” which incorporates new inspiration into everyday life.
- VL5/VL3 Wireless Audio Series is the wireless audio system with unique design which allows easy installation around the house and brings the true essence of sound experience.
The Two Bronze Awards
Samsung also won two bronze awards for the following:
- Galaxy S8/S8+ and Galaxy Note8 with the combination of bezel-less Infinity Display and symmetrical, curved design creates a more immersive mobile experience.
- The Frame Visual Identity System this is the concept of blending into home clearly communicates the real value of the Frame with consumers.
According to Dontae Lee, the Executive Vice President and Head of the Corporate Design Center at Samsung Electronics:
“With consumer-focused innovation, we will continue to strive for design that can create meaningful value in the everyday lives of our customers,”
The International Design Excellence Awards started in 1980 and is organized by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA). Product submissions are based on a comprehensive evaluation of design innovation, user experience, benefit to the client, benefit to the society and aesthetics.