Sony Electronics, a global leader in imaging sensor technology and digital imaging, has recently unveiled their new flagship, full-frame mirrorless camera, the Alpha 1. According to the company, it is the most advanced, innovative camera they have ever released.
“Alpha 1 combines high-resolution and high-speed performance at a level that has never been accomplished in the world of digital cameras,” claimed Sony. “Alpha 1 will allow creators to capture what they’ve never been able to before.”
The brand new camera features 50.1-megapixel full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ image sensor, up to 120 AF/AE calculations per second, 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 video and a lot more.
“We are always listening to our customers, challenging the industry to bring new innovation to the market that goes far beyond their expectations. Alpha 1 breaks through all existing boundaries, setting a new bar for what creators can accomplish with a single camera.”– Neal Manowitz, deputy president for Imaging Products and Solutions Americas at Sony Electronics
Manowitz added that their new camera is capable of unlocking a new world of creative possibilities. The deputy president also stated that with Sony Alpha 1, “the previously impossible now possible.”
The Features of Sony Alpha 1
Here are the many incredible features of the Alpha 1 as provided by the Sony Alpha Universe through their blog post:
- New 50.1-megapixel (approx., effective) full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor in combination with an upgraded BIONZ XR™ imaging processing (1) engine with eight times more processing power
- Blackout- free continuous shooting at up to 30 frames per second(2)
- Fast sensor readout enables up to 120 AF/AE calculations per second(3), double the speed of the Alpha 9 II, even during 30fps continuous shooting
- Bright and large 0.64-type 9.44 million-dot (approx.) OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder with the world’s first(4) refresh rate of 240 fps
- Silent, vibration-free electronic shutter
- World’s first anti-flicker(5) shooting with both mechanical and electronic shutter
- Electronic shutter flash sync(6) up to 1/200 sec. for the first time in the Alpha™ series
- World’s fastestv mechanical shutter flash sync up to 1/400 sec.
- 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary detail and resolution, in addition to 4K 120p(8) 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting capabilities
- Wide dynamic range of 15 stops for stills(9) and 15+ stops for video(10)
- Improved Real-time Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals, and new Real-time Eye AF for birds(11), as well as Real-time Tracking that automatically maintains accurate focus
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization for a 5.5-step(12) shutter speed advantage
- S-Cinetone color matrix as seen in FX9 and FX6 to deliver expressive cinematic look
- Professional workflow support with the industry’s fastest(13) built-in Wi-Fi, SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 1000BASE-T Ethernet and more