- Web3 frontrunners dive deep into this season’s trending topics—from demystifying cryptocurrency to the possibilities of blockchain technology—all in 2 days.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, April 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Wild Digital, Southeast Asia’s premier tech platform powered by Catcha Group, launched its first-ever Web3-themed conference title – WILD3 – on 12 April 2022. The 2-day event featured 70 speakers on the hottest discussions encompassing topics on Web3, NFT, Blockchain, the Metaverse, and more.
Asia is the focal point of next-generation Web3 startups pioneering technologies that will slingshot the world into the new frontier. WILD3 explored the great opportunities in emerging technologies, questioned environmental and social impacts, as well as weighed in the hurdles, tribulations, and regulatory viewpoints. Among the attendees were C-Levels, Founders and senior management from leading startups, regulatory bodies, and venture capital firms involved in the industry.
Some of the highlight sessions include: Decentralised Cloud: Securing the Future of Blockchain Data, Crypto Queens’ Reimagined Future: Building the Token Economy, Web 3.0 – Why Is It the Next Revolution? and Unicorns in the Cryptosphere – How Blockchain Will Revolutionize the World.
Featured key speakers include:
- Yat Siu, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman (Animoca Brands)|Founder & CEO (Outblaze)
- John Ge, Co-Founder & CEO (Matrixport)
- Lucy Gazmararian, Founder & Managing Partner (Token Bay Capital | Founder (Women in Crypto Hong Kong)
- Leslie Lamb, CMO (CoinFLEX)
- Sandeep Nailwal, Co-Founder (Polygon)
- Vivien Khoo, Chairman (Asia Crypto Alliance) | Co-Founder (SatoshiWomen)
- Jirayut Srupsrisopa, Founder & Group CEO (Bitkub Group)
- Sheila Patel, Vice Chair (B Capital Group)
For more information on the event and speaker lineup, click here.
Some highlights from the respective sessions:
- Yat Siu, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman (Animoca Brands)|Founder & CEO (Outblaze): "When we discovered NFTs back in 2017, we saw them as a way for everyone to [digitally] own and store culture and legacies. We then tested this thesis with the community who best understand ownership of digital items – gamers."
- John Ge, Co-Founder & CEO (Matrixport): "Right now, most crypto users are on exchanges instead of banks. As crypto becomes more mainstream and there are more asset categories besides Bitcoin, crypto banks will be more important than exchanges."
- Leslie Lamb, CMO (CoinFLEX): "Before Web2, most of the marketing happened physically and in person. Web2 provides more data for brands to better reach and understand their consumers. In Web3, the community is the business. And allowing customers to own a stake in the business is the key to success."
- Sandeep Malhotra, Executive Vice President, Products and Innovation, Asia Pacific (MasterCard): "For any currency to be used for retail payment, it needs to fulfil three requirements: stability, regulatory compliance and consumer protection. Next question is will and can a merchant accept that currency? Today you can buy coffee with crypto, but merchants only accept in fiat. This means an exchange needs to happen during the transaction."
- Jirayut Srupsrisopa, Founder & Group CEO (Bitkub Group): "If we want to create mass adoption, we must make sure every generation [of users] can get on board easily. Everyone can use Skype and Zoom without knowing what TCP/IP Protocol is. People can use Gmail without knowing what an SMTP Protocol is. Gmail humanized SMTP and Skype humanized TCP/IP. We believe there will be companies that will humanize Blockchain, NFTs, and Crypto for the masses in the future."
WILD DIGITAL SOUTHEAST ASIA 2022 HAPPENING THIS JULY
Missed WILD3 and want to know more about Wild Digital’s upcoming events? Stay tuned because their flagship conference, Wild Digital Southeast Asia (SEA) will be back in-person in Kuala Lumpur this 13-14 July 2022. The full program will also be streamed live online and for the first time ever, attendees will have the choice of experiencing our SEA conference either physically or virtually.
Subscribe to their newsletter at www.wilddigital.com for the latest updates.
ABOUT CATCHA GROUP
Founded in 1999, Catcha Group is one of the most established internet groups in Southeast Asia. The Group’s vision is entrepreneurs first and they have been building and investing in disruptive technology companies around the world for more than 20 years, with a particular focus on Southeast Asia and Australia.
Since its inception, Catcha Group has completed over 70 corporate transactions, and brought six companies from their early stages to a public listing or sale, with an aggregate valuation of over US$1 billion. In February 2021, Catcha listed Catcha Investment Corp, a US$300 million Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC), on the NYSE to merge with businesses in the new economy sectors. Most recently, Catcha invested in Carsome, Southeast Asia’s largest integrated car e-commerce platform and Malaysia’s first tech unicorn.
Find out more: www.catchagroup.com
ABOUT WILD DIGITAL
Since 2015, Wild Digital has been driving Catcha Group’s vision of supporting entrepreneurs by giving them a platform on Southeast Asia’s premier tech conference. Wild Digital’s extensive network of leaders, investors and chief executives allow attendees the opportunity to gain exclusive insights into the future of technology and digital creativity from the BEST of the BEST, all in one place.
Being part of Wild Digital’s ecosystem connects you with some of the best minds in the digital ecosystem – while the community collectively comes together to share their bold and wild visions for building great disruptive companies.