Face masks, these days, are already turning into necessity ever since the emergence of the global pandemic. And Razer, one of the world’s leading lifestyle brands for gamers, has also recently revealed their interest in making a face mask of their own.
“When the COVID-19 pandemic first hit, there’s a massive global shortage of medical grade masks. Today, we have donated more than one million masks globally, but now that we’re well and truly settled into this new normal we see the need for a face mask that is safe, social and sustainable.”
– Charlie Bolton, Director of Design at Razer Inc.
Razer has introduced a head-turner, futuristic surgical N95 respirator with a gas mask look, which is, of course, equipped with their signature Razer Chroma RGB, plus a voice amplifier technology. “Face the new normal with protection that’s far from average,” even stated the brand.
The new reusable N95 respirator conceptualized by Razer is currently known as Project Hazel, and as the gaming brand claims, it is the most intelligent mask ever created.
More About Project Hazel
Here are more features of the Project Hazel or the Razer surgical N95 respirator concept as showcased by the gaming brand.
- It is a surgical N95 Respirator with high bacterial filtration efficiency
- It is waterproof, scratch-resistant, and made from recyclable plastic
- Project Hazel’s detachable ventilator which regulate airflow and is capable of filtering at least 95% of airborne particles
- The Razer mask has silicon guard that sits snugly around your face to prevent air leaking in
- The mask has replaceable filters and rechargeable ventilators
- It comes with a wireless charging case with a UV light interior which kills bacteria and viruses as the mask charges
- It has a clear, transparent design for more seamless social interaction
- Razer’s mask also feature a low light mode. It’s interior lights up automatically when it’s dark
- It is also equipped with voiceamp tech. With a built-in mic and amplifier speech will not muffled
- Furthermore, the Project Hazel as well features a little flair – 2 customizable lighting zones powered by Razer Chroma RGB
Project Hazel Reportedly Not Yet FDA Approved
The Project Hazel is truly stunning and would fit the taste of some of the gamers out there, however, it was only the prototype or the concept which they have introduced so far. And as reported by The Verge, it is currently not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
“…it hasn’t yet earned any of the necessary approvals and certifications from the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” stated The Verge who reportedly has talked to a spokesperson from Razer.
Via a statement to The Verge, the gaming company disclosed that it is working with a team of medical experts and scientists who are helping to develop the mask.