Amazon has recently announced a new hardware and software technology they call the AWS Panorama that does the work of employee tracking, social distance monitoring, manufacturing quality control, and many others. Automating tasks that traditionally required human inspection is made possible by this new tech.
“AWS Panorama is a machine learning Appliance and Software Development Kit (SDK) that allows organizations to bring computer vision (CV) to on-premises cameras to make predictions locally with high accuracy and low latency,” the company described on a the preview of their new product.
The AWS Panorama Appliance add computer vision to an existing onsite cameras, while the AWS Panorama SDK are used to build new Panorama-enabled smart cameras and appliances.
Since Amazon is know for monitoring its workers’ movements in their fulfillment centers, it is no longer a surprise that they have come up with this kind of innovation.
What AWS Panorama is Capable Of
- AWS Panorama enables CV
- Detects manufacturing defects and deliver alerts
- Enables you to identify and resolve issues faster
- Helps improve product quality and decrease costs
- Provides insights about your retail environment:
- Count customers
- Track their movements for heat mapping
- Monitor the length of queues
- Allows you to monitor workplace safety and social distancing
- Notifies you about potential issues or unsafe situations
- Provides critical input to supply chain:
- Tracking throughput
- Recognizing bar codes or labels
- Monitoring individual workstations
AWS Panorama Pricing and Availability
The AWS Panorama Appliance Developer Kit costs $2,499 per device while the AWS Panorama Appliance costs $4,000 per device and $8.33 per month per active camera stream. The AWS Panorama Appliance will be available for purchase in 2021.
For More TechNews
See more news and updates all about tech, the internet, gaming, startups, and even about photography by simply exploring our TechToGraphy website, TechToGraphy Facebook page and Twitter account.
Source: Amazon Web Services (AWS)